Wednesday, May 5, at 1:30 pm Pacific time
The Sacred Feminine
The just-published latest issue of the Rosicrucian Digest magazine celebrates The Sacred Feminine. There is a great article in there by our Grand Councilor Emerita on The Black Virgin. See the Digest article https://www.rosicrucian.org/rosicrucian-digest-the-sacred-feminine
Wednesday, May 12, at 1:30 pm Pacific time
Climbing the Ladder of Love with Botticelli, Ficino, and the Goddesses
Past Imperator H. Spencer Lewis remarked that when he carefully analyzed “The Last Supper” fresco in Milan by Leonardo da Vinci, he noted at least seventeen mystical principles. Yet, he sensed there were even more important principles to fathom. In a similar manner, we will visit, in a mystical and virtual way, the Uffizi Gallery in Florence and experience another Renaissance masterpiece: the “Primavera” painting by Sandro Botticelli. There are various interpretations and layers of meaning in this work. A sacred marriage and the mystical encounter with goddesses such as Venus and Persephone, akin to the Eleusinian and Orphic mysteries, appear as central features. A key is ascending the ladder of love by which the prophetess Diotima initiated Socrates in Plato’s dialogue, the Symposium, and as elaborated by the influential Florentine teacher and philosopher, Marsilio Ficino. Our guide Hugh McCague will take us on a journey discerning the many Rosicrucian laws and principles exemplified in this artistic masterwork.
Wednesday, May 19, at 1:30 pm Pacific time
Vestals – Caretakers of the Hearth
Colombes and Vestals are girls and women who serve in a very special role in Rosicrucian Temples. They are the caretakers of the hearth where the divine flame lives. Join Grand Master Julie Scott in exploring the history of this esteemed position and the mystical meaning of the hearth and the divine flame, including a special meditation to attune with the sacred flame within us.
Wednesday, May 26, at 1:30 pm Pacific time
Clemence Isaure [the Golden Isis] and the Founding of AMORC
In 1909 a young H. Spencer Lewis stood before a painting called “The Appearance of Clemence Isaure [the Golden Isis] to the Troubadours” in Toulouse, France, contemplating its mystical meaning when the Grand Master of the Rosicrucians of Toulouse presented himself and directed H. Spencer Lewis to the next step in his initiation into the Rosicrucian Tradition. In this presentation, Grand Master Julie Scott will take us back to H. Spencer Lewis’s inspiring initiation and the founding of the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC.
We look forward to seeing you each Wednesday in May!
The Department of Instruction
Rosicrucian Order, AMORC
To access the teleconferences:
- Click on https://zoom.us/j/6528596718
- You will be prompted to download Zoom to your computer or mobile device.
- Five minutes before the teleconference is to begin, you can enter the Zoom Meeting ID, which is 652 859 6718.
- The passcode is also 652 859 6718.
- You can also call in by dialing +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll), although using your computer or other device with both audio and video capabilities will provide you with a fuller experience.
- If you are calling from outside the United States, you will find the International Numbers here.
- The best way to participate is on a computer or smart device with both audio and video capabilities. If you experience any difficulty gaining access to a desired teleconference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.