We are excited to launch a new regular online video discussion group this month via Zoom. This will be a great way for members who are too far away from the Portland area to connect with other members and advance in their studies. The discussion will be hosted by life-long AMORC member, Frater Ken. It will occur every third Sunday of the month at 2 pm.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to get an invitation to this event.
Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Locate yourself in a room that is quiet. Sit at a table and face directly into your camera about two feet away. Please do not have windows or bright lights behind you.
- Please download the Zoom application a few minutes before event.
- You cannot be late. If you are more than 5 minutes late, you should not enter the group because you will interrupt the group’s meditation.
- Wear earbuds with a microphone on them, or some other headphone and mic arrangement other than the one on your computer if at all possible.
- As soon as you enter the group, please mute your microphone.
- Please come with your member ID number handy. You will be asked for it in the chat window.
The discussion will go roughly like this:
- 5 minutes to settle in
- 5 minutes for introduction
- 10 minutes for meditation
- 10 minutes for discourse
- 10 minutes for discussion
We are looking forward to seeing members together online. It should be a great time.