The symbol of the Rosicrucians is that of a rose in bloom set in the center of a golden cross. The meaning of our symbol is discussed more than once in our studies, however, it is always beneficial to have a return look at this eminent symbol and to reflect on the meaning it seeks to convey to us.
In the early degrees of our monographs, an exercise is presented that every Rosicrucian should learn and practice regularly for the benefit of radiant health. This exercise involves magnetizing and drinking a small glass of water.
For our upcoming Zoom meeting held at 2:00 on Sunday, April 19th, we will perform this exercise together and also read a selection from a lecture about the value of this exercise delivered by our past Imperator, Harvey Spencer Lewis. In order to best participate in this exercise, be sure to have with you a small glass tumbler or bowl, clear and uncolored, made of glass or crystal-filled about two-thirds of the way with water.
“Refuse to give in to the thought that the world is dangerous and that God’s people are evil.”
Lonnie C. Edwards, MD of the Rosicrucian Grand Lodge in San Jose offers up a meditation to unlock our Inner Resources and guide us from fear or anxiety we may be feeling towards calmness, serenity, and acceptance.
Edwards assures us that “humanity is evolving rapidly, despite what you see in the news.” He says that the key is “right thought and right perception,” and that we as Rosicrucian initiates strive to “see and hear as God sees and hears.” In the end, the problems rest with how you perceive reality and what you chose to do.
We hope this message will inspire you and still concerns that even during times of crisis all is well with the Cosmic. We have only to tap into it.
What are the Rosicrucian Vowel Sounds? How do they relate to the Psychic Centers? How are they different from other practices like mantras?
We sing out three vowel sounds and sometimes vowel sound combinations during each Convocation, and the Guardian explains what parts of the body each one affects, and how each one should be performed.
Rosicrucian Healing is the topic we are pursuing for the next two months. “Rosicrucian healing is not used solely for treating illnesses. It can be used equally to prevent illness from occurring and to maintain good health.” …there are two major categories of diseases: those which induce a fever, and those which do not. In the first of these cases, we give a negative treatment. In the second case, we need to give a positive treatment.”
This spring will learn, re-learn, and practice our skills in the following four ways:
1) The discourse on March 8th reminds us exactly how to give healing treatments to one’s self and to others. It covers the source of healing energies and how exactly to stimulate a suppressed immune system.
Join us for the next installment of our online video discussion group. For this month’s online session we will look at a brief yet encouraging article from the Rosicrucian Forum about the art and practice of meditation. Meditation has ever been an indispensable part of the practice of the mystic and in particular the Rosicrucian student. Our monographs teach us the way of this technique, but can we ever really receive enough reminders to incorporate this art into our lives on a daily basis? Continue reading “Video Discussion: What is Meditation to the Mystic? 2 pm, March 15”
One again, this month we have a very dense convocation with a lot of great exercises for both members and seekers alike. The convocation discourse will be a continuation of our reincarnation series, this time with a live experiment. We will review the First Neophyte Degree’s Third Monograph. This is a review of some of the most foundational concepts in AMORC.
After a brief break, we will return and have another short open class on the seven major Vowel Sounds. This public class is excellent for friends who might be interested in AMORC. Please bring a seeker you know. It should be a great way to introduce someone you know to the power of the teachings.
From the Rosicrucian Manual, 1990 edition:
The mere intellectual study and comprehension of the specialized monographs and lessons issued to student members is not sufficient. Of and by itself, such study is but a third of the work of preparation leading to readiness and worthiness. The monographs are designed to accomplish two things:
- Train the brain and augment the knowledge of the mind regarding fundamental laws and principles leading up to a comprehension of the higher laws;
- Give and suggest certain experiments and tests which will consciously and unconsciously develop certain psychic centers in the member that will quicken his or her psychic powers and abilities for more complete mastery and control of natural forces.
By Master Anjala
If you only do one of these a day, that’s Terrific, mix it up, have fun! These are not chores, and they do make you feel better and function better! Don’t stress out, but don’t not do these either!
- GREET THE SUN: Many of the paper monographs that I received as a new member back in the late 70’s had an illustration in them of a man facing the sun, arms stretched wide. What I did not understand at the time was that EVERYTHING in a monograph is chosen to give the student on the path a boost on the way! The symbols on the cover, on the bottoms of the page, the illustrations and the Exercises all should be done as promptly and often as possible. That figure facing the rising sun is chanting the vowel sound RA. Try this for 21 days. Every morning face the sun and repeat the vowel sound RA however many times suits you. If possible, do it at full volume, trilling the R as best you can.
- MEDITATE FOR FIVE MINUTES before breakfast. Sit in your sanctum, or where you won’t be bothered, and gently, lovingly, quiet your thoughts.
- DO THE OVERALL EXERCISE: If you can spend 10 to 15 minutes daily doing this, I think you’ll be surprised how much better your body starts working. Below is One way to do the Overall Exercise. Please seek out the audio clips and videos on the Rosicrucian Community site for more detailed instruction. This exercise helps heal both you and the world.
One question we hear a lot in Rosicrucian circles is, “Will AMORC be shutting down soon?” We heard some chatter about this at last month’s Spiritual Alchemy Workshop. The Grand Lodge continues to roll out new online tools for members, and the recent growth at the Enneadic Star Pronaos are good examples of how things are going well with the organization. Still, people often think that AMORC will be “going dark.” There are good reasons why. It comes from the belief that Rosicrucians transmit their teachings in cycles: going back and forth between active and inactive or underground eras.
Master Anjala decided to weigh in on the issue to give you the full story:
The Rosicrucian Order in the United States was established by H. Spencer Lewis in 1909. There is a MYSTICAL CYCLE of 108 years that some Fraters and Sorors have asked about for years. Isn’t the Order supposed to “Go Dark” in the USA for 108 years, starting in 2017? Why hasn’t that happened?